The basic aim of the Anjuman is to serve all people without discrimination and to create an atmosphere of universal peace and progress through mutual love, understanding, respect and cooperation. It endeavors to bring about emotional integration amongst the people and enable them to contribute and participate in the various educational and welfare activities - general, scientific and technical. The Executive Council of the Anjuman have all powers for carrying out its policies and powers to hold, control and administer the property and funds of the Anjuman and to establish, maintain and control Educational Institutions. Presently, in all 20 Educational Institutes are efficiently undertaking various promotional activities under the thumb of AHI. The list of these institutes is submitted separately for perusal.
From time to time Anjuman has strived hard to disseminate knowledge through its schools and colleges in the faculty of arts, commerce, science, technical and professional branches as per the requirement of the students. The funds of all educational institutions are maintained separately as per the rules of the respective Departments. Various promotional activities undertaken by Anjuman in the past can briefly be enlisted as follows:-
1. Khan Sahab Mohd. Amir Khan, a pleader and founder President of AHI served Nagpur Municipality as member for number of years.
2. All India Mohammedan Education Conference (1910), all India Muslim League Session (1910) and Seventeenth Annual Conference of Nadawatul Ulema, etc. were held during the tenure of Khan Bahadur H.M.Malak.
3. Mr. H.M.Malak along with Adv. Mohd. Samiullah Khan collected Rs. 3000/- from C.P. for the Aligarh Muslim University Fund and gave it to Maulana Shaukat Ali.
4. Students of Anjuman High School had participated in the Non-Cooperation Movement started by father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi in 1920-21.
5. Barrister Mohd. Yusuf Shareef, President of Anjuman was MLC from 1930 to 1937, Education Minister (1933-34), and Law Minister (1937-38) in the Govt. of C.P. & Berar.
6. Secretary of Anjuman Adv. Mohd. Samiullah Khan a local Swarajist Leader, was twice Mayor of Nagpur Municipality (1931-37).
7. Municipal Urdu Primary School, Sadar Bazaar was housed in the premises of Anjuman Hostel from 1932 to 1940.
8. Anjuman housed Govt. Girls High School during 1946-1972 in its Girls School building.
9. As per Government’s desire Anjuman’s Playground was allowed to be shared by the students of Govt. Girls High School for hockey and other games after 1955.
10. Maulana Hifzur Rahman, M.P. and General Secretary of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind and Shri. Brijlal Biyani, State’s Finance Minister laid the foundation stone of Anjuman’s Gandhibagh IEM School Branch on 7th November, 1954.
11. 19 teachers from Anjuman Sadar High School and 15 teachers from M.A.K.Azad High School, Gandhibagh actively participated, in “Shanti Yatra” (13th Dec., 1970) taken out by Nagpur Nagrik Shanti Samiti to create good-will in society.
12. Mr. Rafique Zakaria, Revenue Minister visited Anjuman Schools (1976).
13. Grand Felicitation was accorded to Governor of Maharashtra State Hon. Sadique Ali on 3rd November 1977 by Anjuman.
14. Hon. Justice Mohd. Hidayatullah, Vice President of India visited AHI, Sadar, Nagpur on Friday, 2nd March, 1984 at 11:30 am and along with President Q.M.A.Wahab, laid a foundation stone of Anjuman Polytechnic Workshop cum Laboratory.
15. Free – PMT Coaching classes were conducted in Anjuman for students of minorities during 1992-2000 by Nagpur University (UGC) Minority Coaching Centre.
16. Padma Bhushan Hon’ble Late Maulana Abdul Karim Parekh was Executive member of AHI and he contributed many Radio/T.V programmes and authored many books to create solidarity in Indian society.
17. AHI started Anjuman Girls College in 1998 and Anjuman College of Engineering and Technology in 1999.
18. Foundation stone for the grand building of Anjuman College of Engineering and Technology was laid on 27th Oct. 2001 by Hon’ble Anees Ahmed, Minister of State for Higher & Tech. Education and Justice M.M.Qazi (Retd.), President, AHI and after completion, its auditorium on the 3rd floor is made available to various agencies for educational activities.
19. Various promotional activities are conducted from time to time in the hall of Anjuman Polytechnic.
20. Two batches of police constables of 30 each belonging to minority were imparted coaching during (2005-2006) with the assistance of State Minority Commission.
21. Hon’ble Sami Khatib, ex-President, Anjuman-E-Islam, and Managing Director, Medley Lab, Mumbai inaugurated Sliver Jubilee of Anjuman Polytechnic (2009).
22. The foundation stone was laid for new building of Anjuman Polytechnic on 09th Jan 2009 and after completion it was inaugurated by Justice A.A.Ginwala, sole Administrator, AHI.
23. Dr. Aziz Qureshi, Governor of Uttarakhand inaugurated Laboratory of Civil Deptt. of Anjuman Engineering College on 08-04-2013.
24. Marathi Foundation Classes sponsored by State Minority Commission are held successfully in our five High Schools.
25. Voluntary organization Anjuman–E-khawateen, Nagpur, promotes nursing, sewing, embroidery, ‘Quran’ classes for poor and needy women of the society.